Sunday 29 June 2014

by Lawrence Costales


Sacred Heart Stain Glass

Description:

Stain Glass window from Basilica of San Albino, Mesilla, NMex

East La Mary

Description:

East Los Angeles shrine found at Self Help Graphics on Cesar Chavez Blvd. Now locked away behind an iron sculpture. Shot with Mamiya 645 1 sec - F/11 ISO 160. Known as - Our Lady of Guadalupe (Spanish: Nuestra SeƱora de Guadalupe) is a celebrated Catholic icon of the Virgin Mary also known as the Virgin of Guadalupe (Spanish: Virgen de Guadalupe). According to the traditional account, the image appeared miraculously on the cloak of Juan Diego, a simple indigenous peasant, on the hill of Tepeyac near Mexico City on December 12, 1531. The icon is on display in the Basilica of Guadalupe in the same locality and is regarded as Mexico's most popular religious and cultural image.

Please click on the picture links below for more information:

If you have arrived here via the Featured Artists link please click Older Posts to see more of Lawrence's work

To see Lawrence's work in the Blog dedicated to the Cross please click  <> HERE <>

For more information see the goldfish below:


About Lawrence:

Mostly self taught, I began to seriously study what makes a good photo by studying great paintings. In 1988 I took some black and white photography classes at Mt. SAC collage, CA but I couldn't wait to take the required classes to get to color, so I went off on my own. My first award-winning photo was a military image of a sunset through camouflaged equipment. My latest travel photographs are from my tour of duty in Kuwait in support of the US Army at Camp Doha and Camp Arifjan. During my one year there, 2003/4, I was also able to travel to Italy and Dubai, UAE. Some of my earlier works have been displayed at the ARCO Towers in Los Angeles, US Embassy in Bogota, Colombia, Galleria Nina Moreno, Tijuana, B.C., the Temecula Art Gallery(TAG), El Encanto, Monterey Park, 2003 and various small shows throughout Southern California. My last show, 'Images from Near and Far', was at the Corona Public Library, 2006, where 32 of my images were displayed. The majority of my Fine Art work is shot with a Mamiya 645 and my Head Shots with a NIKON F4. I have worked with digital images since 1998 when I was in the Marine Corps and use an early AGFA 1.8mp camera. Since I shoot very little film, my Fine Art photos reflect images that have effected me emotionally. I hope you enjoy them and they have a positive effect on you also.



Lake Elsinore, CA - United States

No comments:

Post a Comment