Sunday 6 December 2015


Peace Be Within You Jerusalem
by
Graham Braddock



Peace Be Within You Jerusalem

I stood gazing as soft golden afternoon light bathed the walls of the Old City not far from Jerusalem’s Jaffa gate. Words sung by King David 3000 years ago came to my mind:- “I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD. Our feet shall stand within thy gates, O Jerusalem.”

The psalm ends with, “…Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee.

Peace be within thy walls, and prosperity within thy palaces.
For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.
Because of the house of the LORD our God I will seek thy good.” Psalm 122.

A prayer, instructions and a promise…

This piece has been already SOLD.

Please feel free to contact the artist directly regarding this or other pieces.




  Jaffa Gate - Wikipedia  



No comments:

Post a Comment